Accell Clean® Deep Water Dispersant is a heavy-duty cleaning agent, which is listed on the U.S. EPA National Contingency Plan Product Schedule for Surface Washing Agents, used in marine and coastal waters to break up oil on the water’s surface. It disperses down into the water column, where natural processes can degrade the oil droplets.
Our product accelerate the natural bio-degradation of organic contaminants safely, rapidly, and in an environmentally friendly manner.
Accell Clean® Deep Water Dispersant incorporates a unique patented technology that amplifies the ability of surfactants to penetrate, lift, and clean contaminants from surfaces faster and more efficiently than other surfactants or traditional cleaners that depend on solvents and caustic chemicals to achieve their cleaning power.
Accell Clean® Deep Water Dispersant has the ability to physically disperse a compact oil film at the surface of water (when sprayed from above) or disperse bulk underwater oil plumes (when injected into the bulk of the plume) into micro-droplets. Mass transfer processes and dilution are achieved by the natural water (water streams, breaking waves, etc). The natural environmental weather conditions, such as waves, wind, and solar insulation help mix the Accell Clean® DWD into the affected area.
REMEDIATION: After cleaning, Accell® Clean SWA stimulates removal and bio-degradation of residual oils, hydrocarbons and organic contaminants in water, soil, or sand substrates.
For early treatment of oil-contaminated waters:
- For aerial spraying, Accell Clean® DWD is applied undiluted, typically from an altitude of 9 – 15 meters / 30-50 feet. (Careful selection of spray nozzles is critical to achieve desired dose levels, since droplet size must be controlled).
- A quarter-inch of open pipe may be all that’s necessary if the aircraft travels at 190 km/h / 120mph or more.
- Agricultural spray delivery systems may not be suitable because the spray would be too fine resulting in not enough delivery of Accell Clean® DWD to the affected area.
For boat spraying:
- Accell Clean® DWD may be applied on boats equipped with spray booms mounted ahead of bow wake or as far forward as possible.
- Apply Accell Clean® DWD using a low-volume, low-pressure pump so DWD is applied undiluted.
- Accell Clean® DWD should not be fogged or atomized
- The natural wave or boat wake action usually provides adequate mixing energy to disperse the oil.
- Application at sub-freezing temperatures may require larger nozzle, supply lines and orifices due to higher product viscosity.
Concentration / application rate:
A treatment rate of about 40 liter per 0.5 km² / 10 gallons per acre, or a dispersant to oil ratio of 1:10 is optimal. The rate varies depending on the type of oil, degree of weathering, temperatures, and thickness of the slick.