Accell Clean® Marine and Accell Clean® Clean Marine Plus are unique cleaning products that amplify the ability of surfactants to clean oils and greases from surfaces and, at the same time, accelerate natural biodegradation of residual oils and other hydrocarbons on surfaces and in wash water.
Accell Clean® Marine is a biodegradable, heavy-duty cleaning agent, specifically designed for cleaning zinc silicate coated tanks of Annex II shipboard chemical cargo tankers that transport diesel fuel, methanol, edible vegetables, oils, and a variety of other bulk commodities. Accell Clean® Marine is highly effective with a neutral pH, making it safe for employees, stainless steel, and epoxy-coated tanks, and the environment.
Accell Clean® Marine Plus is a readily biodegradable, more alkaline, heavy-duty cleaning agent, specifically designed for cleaning of Annex II shipboard chemical cargo tanks, when more aggressive alkaline treatment is desirable. Accell Clean® Marine Plus is not recommended for zinc silicate coated tanks due to its pH.
Approved by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) for use as a tank cleaning additive, and listed in Annex 10 of the MEPC.2.Circ.
For general cleaning:
Can be applied manually by brush or hand spray, or alternatively by low/high pressure washing systems. Hot (up to 60°C) and ambient temperature sea or freshwater can be used.
- Pre-clean surface area (remove excess soils)
- Make Accell Clean® Marine (or Accell Clean® Marine Plus) at concentration of 5-20L per 1m³ of water through low pressure washing machines
- Inject Accell Clean® Marine (or Accell Clean® Marine Plus) directly into tank cleaning line during Butterworthing/filtering
- Wipe surface
- Let air dry
For cargo tank / cargo hold cleaning:
Dilute Accell Clean® Marine (or Accell Clean® Marine Plus) with 5–10L of 1m³ of water (fresh or sea)
- Pre-clean surface (remove excess soils)
- Inject Accell Clean® Marine (or Accell Clean® Marine Plus) solution into tanker cleaning line during Butterworthing
- Rate of injection depends on volume of water consumed through washing machines
For use on removal of stubborn / ground in residues / cargo tank spot cleaning:
Dilute 30% Accell Clean® Marine (or 3% when using Accell Clean® Marine Plus) with water (fresh or sea) and heat to about 60°C and recirculate with Butterworth machines for 6 to 8 cycles in each tank
- Pre-clean surface
- Depending on severity of residues, solution can be applied by hand without dilution or manually through high pressure pump diluted with water to working a concentration of 5-10%
- Spray Accell Clean® Marine (or Accell Clean® Marine Plus) on required bulkheads
- soaked for fifteen (15) minutes without letting it dry
- Hose down or Butterworth
- After application, leave area for about thirty (30) minutes before being washed with copious hot water (between 60–80°C)
- Repeat process as needed