MDEChem DCP500 is an application-engineered, fuel borne technology that utilizes proprietary technology to produce EPA verified results in the areas of less damaging emissions and less diesel fuel or heavy fuel oil consumption.
When MDEChem DCP500 is introduced into fuel, it improves the combustion process and reduces friction, increasing fuel economy while reducing emissions and engine wear. Mixing ratio’s vary from 1:640 to 1:1280. Unlike additives such as cetane enhancers, alcohols, or metal-based catalysts that seek to alter the fuel, MDEChem DCP500 fuel-borne technology uses the fuel as a carrier into the combustion chamber.
This patented technology utilizes two processes to positively impact the engine; a catalytic reaction and a surface conversion. The catalytic reaction optimizes the heat release rate, which leads to increased power, reduced emissions, and increased fuel efficiency. The surface conversion forms an inorganic polymer complex that converts the surfaces of ferrous and non-ferrous metals. This complex smoothens and passivates the metal surface, improves reflectivity (emissivity), and reduces oxygen reactivity, resulting in a reduction of friction and a more complete combustion reaction.
To ensure the highest degree of product quality, MDEChem manufactures its patented products at company owned ISO 9001-certified facilities. U.S. Patents: 5084263, 5310419, 5540788; Patents pending.
MDEChem DCP500 can be deployed in a variety of diesel and HFO-fuels, MGO, bio-diesel and GTL fuels. DCP500 is currently provided to the dredging, marine and off-shore industries across the globe at various engine platforms:
||• Fairbanks Morse
||• John Deere
|• Detroit Diesel / MTU
- As MDChem DCP500 is an additive, HFO-fuelled users can order MDE’s DCP500 custom injection system, available for precise blending. The system is specifically designed to guarantee flawless introduction and mixture of HFO and DCP500 at the pressures and temperatures that HFO engines require, without, as usually seen at HFO-level, destroying the additive’s functionalities.
- Mixing ratio 1:640 (burn-in period of 4 weeks or 500 running hours) to 1:1280 (maintain mode).
- MDEChem DCP500 keeps fuels within valid OEM and/or EN590/EN228 norm.
- Engine governors are not influenced by use of MDEChem DCP500.
- MDEChem DCP500 is mixed in different ratios based on type or blend of fuel.
- Please allow 500 up to 720 hours of duty to reach maximum results.
- Viscosity @ 40° C, 20 – 28 cSt, Viscosity @ 100° C, 4.4 – 5.7 cSt.
- Flash point > 100° C (212° F), pour point of -30 to -40° C (-22 to -40° F).