nC® ProTherm is a series of sprayable and brushable thermal insulating coatings. With additional properties as acoustic insulation in dB-X, safe-touch in ST, fire retardancy in FIRE-X, sunray and heat reflection in IR-X and corrosion passivation in CUI-X, you can always find the suitable solution for your situation.
Based on sol-gel nanotechnology, these coatings are designed for long lasting lifetime cycles of more than 15 years outdoors, and life-long expectancy indoors. Because of the ability to insulate with a very thin layer of coating, the nC® ProTherm coatings offer space saving and cost reducing at a high degree of insulation with an U-value at 4,2 W/(m²K) at 6 mm, and a lambda (λ)-value at 0,040 W/(mK). It is moist repelling and UV-resistant. It keeps heat and cold in place.
nC® ProTherm ISO-X is a thermal insulating coating addressing both cold and heat issues. It can be applied on brick, stone, wood and concrete. Before application, the dry component A must be mixed together with rsin component B. Use a mixer to prepare a 1:4 ratio powder/resin mixture. ISO-X is applied by brush, roller or spraygun. It shows a stucco-like, relief finish. nC® ProTherm ISO-X can be applied in one layer, between 3mm up to 12 mm. nC® ProTherm ISO-X is available in all colours.
- Use safety glasses. Protect hands and skin from exposure using gloves and appropriate clothing.
- Ensure adequate ventilation.
- Substrate must be free from grease, dirt or dust.
- Ambient temperature must be between 4° C and 35° C.
- Do not apply when ambient humidity exceeds 90%.
- Mix dry component A 25% weight to resin component B 75% weight. Use (industrial) mixer.
- Mix for at least 3 minutes.
- Do NOT use any thinner.
- Use brush, roller or airgun/spraygun for application.
- Film thicknesses can be varied from between 3mm to 18mm WFT.
- Cross layer-application is recommended, wet-in-wet.
- Measure WFT during application. Product expands up from between 5% to 15% during application.
- nC® ProTherm ISO-X will decrease 10% in thickness during curing time.
Table for curing times, at ambient temperature of 20° C and 60% humidity:
|Sandstone, brick, gypsum, natural wood
|Concrete, pressed wood, synthetics, glass
||24 hrs / 48 hrs
|Product can be exposed to full rain after 12 hours
- Let surface dry in for at least 6 hours before forced drying by means of blower or heater at 55° C max.
- Surface can be painted over.
- Clean brushes, rollers, nozzles with water immediately after any stop.
- Wash hands and face after every stop.
- Do not use as a ﬁnal ﬂoor covering.
- In case of long-term submersion, only install in combination with nC® ProTherm H2O finish.
- Do not install over poor surfaces, such as those with ﬂaking paint, grease or other contaminates.
- Do not allow application during freezing temperatures.
- Do not rely on visual measurement for coating thickness. Always use a wet ﬁlm thickness (WFT) and/or dry ﬁlm thickness (DFT) gauge in several areas to ensure proper application thickness.